, KRAIBURG TPE succeeded in developing a completely new class of material. The high-performance TPE sets new standards and offers huge advantages over conventional thermoplastic elastomers.
First of all, it is both high temperature and media resistant. Continuous use is possible at temperatures around 150°C. The new compounds are also resistant to oils and grease.
One of the advantages of High Performance TPE lies in the thermoplastic processing which makes time-intensive curing superfluous. The 2-K-Processing produces a mechanical anchoring and no extra assembly step is required.
Thermoplastics processors can now explore fields of applications that have up to now been the reserve of rubber processors. Elastomer processors on the other hand have the opportunity to reduce their production costs, thus becoming more competitive. HIPEX® at a glance
- Temperature resistant to 150°C
- Resistant against engine oil and grease
- Reduced cycle times compared with cross-linked elastomers
- Good flow properties
- Exceptionally good compression set
- Ideal for use in machines and "under-the-hood" components