Want to save weight while protecting the environment? The solution is Lightweight TPE. Applications in the industrial, automotive and consumer sectors benefit from a lower carbon footprint and increased energy efficiency.
Weight reduction up to
- 35 % compared to standard TPS
- 30 % compared to TPV
- 50 % compared to PVC
- Adhesion to Polyamides (PA6, PA6.6) in two-component injection molding (LW/PA Series)
- Adhesion to polyolefinic materials (e.g. PP, TPV, TPS) in injection molding and coextrusion (LW/UV Series)
- Excellent compression set
- Reduced shrinkage and warpage of parts
- Closed and uniform surface structure
- Matted surface
- Compounds available in black colors, natural and precolored variants possible
- Exceptionally well-suited for sealing applications: unique compression set comparable to EPDM
- Ideal for automotive applications
- Power tools, in aviation or with drones
- Diverse application possibilities in sports and leisure articles such as protectors of all kinds
- Ski and cross-country skiing equipment or travel accessories
- Thick-walled, lightweight components possible
- Well suited for sealing applications
Specific MATERIAL PROPERTIES for the Automotive Sector
- Thoroughly tested for UV- and weathering resistance
- 2 year-cycle Florida testing (PV3930): passed
- 2 year-cycle Kalahari testing (PV3929): passed
- 35 – 90 Shore A while maintaining an excellent compression set
- Reduction of cycle time in injection molding is possible
- Self-lubricating modification as a substitute for lubricant varnish
whitepaper: TPE lightweight technology with superior sealing properties
Download your free copy.
These new, innovative THERMOLAST® K Lightweight TPE materials show not only a significant weight reduction but also present an extraordinarily good compression set. Moreover, they can be processed in two-component injection molding with either polyolefins or polyamides
Matthias Michl | Head of Automotive Application Development
Do you have a question?
You might find your answer here, among the most frequently asked questions about Lightweight TPE:
TALK TO AN EXPERT!
Your needs are our focus. We want to hear from you!
Want even more information?
Download your suitable Fact Sheet for more technical data and information.
Be smart - make it lightweight!
Take the challenge and see how you can make heavy things lighter with Thermoplastic Elastomers from KRAIBURG TPE in cooperation with 3M™
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Are you looking for a light TPE solution? Talk to us!