For KRAIBURG TPE, sustainability is the essential balancing act between economic success, environmental protection, and social responsibility.
Oliver Zintner | CEO at KRAIBURG TPE
DESIGN FOR SUSTAINABILITY
Design for Sustainability is an approach aimed at developing products and services that meet the present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. This concept considers sustainability throughout the entire product lifecycle, including conceptual design, material and manufacturing process selection, and environmental lifecycle assessment. KRAIBURG TPE is dedicated to assist requesting parties in their sustainability efforts. Thus, the company provides customers, suppliers and partners with guidance on various aspects to ensure sustainable practices.
SUSTAINABILITY AT THE PRODUCT LEVEL
- Sustainable Processing: KRAIBURG TPE advises customers and partners on efficient processing of Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE), focusing on minimizing energy consumption and reducing scrap rates.
- Material Selection: TPE experts assist in selecting TPE materials that promote sustainability throughout the entire product life cycle. This includes considerations such as a low carbon footprint, a high percentage of recyclates, recyclability, lightweight materials, durability, and safety for both human health and the environment.
- End-of-Life Options: Sales offers advice on end-of-life options for TPE materials, encouraging the closure of material loops through recycling and responsible disposal.
KRAIBURG TPE'S PRODUCTS EMBODY SUSTAINABILITY PRINCIPLES:
- High-Quality and Durable: TPE products are designed to withstand rigorous use and offer extended product lifetimes.
- Functionality Integration: KRAIBURG TPE enables the integration of desired functionalities into TPE materials, providing added value and reducing the need for additional components.
- Ready for (In-Process) Recycling: TPE materials naturally come with recyclability in mind, facilitating the recycling process and reducing waste.
- Safe for Humans and the Environment: Safety is priority. This ensures that products meet the highest standards for human health and environmental impact.
- Produced Responsibly: KRAIBURG TPE manufacturing processes adhere to social and ecological responsibility, minimizing the overall environmental footprint.
SURE INDICATIONS OF QUALITY AND SAFETY
- Worldwide certification following ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards
- EH&S management, reporting & auditing
- Systematic energy management
- Ongoing environmental protection and occupational safety and health program
- Raw materials suppliers and vendors get chosen based on product quality and their environmental impact
- Almost 100% recyclable
- No use of PVC and latex
SUSTAINABILITY REPORTS 2022
KRAIBURG TPE IS CONTINUOUSLY STRIVING TO ENHANCE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF ITS TPE MATERIALS.
Some potential avenues for more sustainable TPE include:
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Are you looking for a sustainable TPE solution? Talk to us first!
Our experts are happy to answer any questions you have, as well as offer the right solution for your application.
EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA
KRAIBURG TPE GmbH & Co. KG
Friedrich-Schmidt-Str. 2, 84478 Waldkraiburg